Silicon Glen >
A young Canadian man, searching for a way of getting drunk cheaply
because he had no money to buy alcohol, mixed gasoline with milk.
Not surprisingly, this concoction made him ill, and he vomited into
the fireplace in his house. The resulting explosion and fire burned
his house down, killing both him and his sister.
A 34 yr. old white male found dead in the basement of his home died of
suffocation, police said. He was approximately 6' 2" and 225 lb. He
was wearing a pleated skirt, white bra, black and white saddle shoes,
and a woman's wig. It appeared that he was trying to create a
schoolgirl's uniform look.
He was also wearing a military gas mask that had the filter canister removed and a rubber hose attached in its place. The other end of the hose was connected to a hollow wooden section of bedpost approximately 12 inches long and 3 inches in diameter. This bedpost was inserted into his rear end for reasons unknown, and was the cause of his suffocation.
Police found the task of explaining the circumstances of his death to his family members very awkward".
Three Brazilian men were flying in a light aircraft at low altitude
when another plane approached. It appears they decided to "moon" the
occupants of the other plane, but lost control of the plane and
They were all found dead in the wreckage with their pants around their
A police officer in Ohio responded to a call that was made to 911.
She had no details before arriving except that someone was reporting
that his father was not breathing. Upon arrival, the officer found the
man face down on the couch, naked. When she rolled him over to
check for a pulse and to start CPR if necessary, she noticed burn
marks around his genitals.
After the ambulance arrived and removed the man (who turned out to be
dead on arrival at hospital), the police made a closer inspection of
the couch, and noticed that the man had made a hole between the
cushions. Upon flipping the couch over they discovered what caused his
Apparently the man had a habit of putting his penis between the
cushions, down into the hole and between two electric sanders (with
the sandpaper removed for obvious reasons). According to the story,
after his orgasm the... ahem... discharge shorted out one of the
sanders, electrocuting him to death.
LOS ANGELES - Police officials would not release the name of a Pacoima
man who was found dead yesterday after responding to complaints from
neighbours that a bad smell was coming from his apartment. Upon
entering the apartment, officers were surprised to see that every
square inch of the apartment, including appliances and even the inside
of the toilet, were covered with pornographic images cut from
"The visual effect was very unsettling," said Officer Hradj of the Pacoima Police."Because everything looked the same, you could not tell where one wall ended and a doorway began." The surprises did not end there, however.
Police described the man as having "concocted a wire frame around his head" upon which he had taped various pornographic images, apparently so he could freely move about his apartment without ever losing his close-up view of nude bodies.
Small slits had been cut into the paper so he could find his way, but according to Hradj, "He had almost no peripheral vision. He could barely see a thing." The man was found nude with this wire frame entangled in a hanging lamp.
"We think he had been dusting," said another police officer, "because a feather duster was lying nearby, and his head gear had somehow become caught in the lamp, which was chained to the ceiling." The man allegedly choked to death trying to extricate himself from his predicament.
According to his apartment manager, the white male in his mid-30's never left his apartment, and had food delivered weekly. Funeral services are planned for next week.
His next of kin requested that his name be withheld.
A 27 year-old French woman lost control over her car on a highway near
Marseilles and crashed into a tree, seriously injuring her passenger
and killing herself.
As a commonplace road accident, this would not have qualified for a Darwin nomination were it not for the fact that the driver's attention had been distracted by her Tamagotchi key ring, which had started urgently beeping for food as she drove along. In attempting to press the correct buttons to save the Tamagotchi's life, the woman lost her own.
A 22-year-old Reston man was found dead yesterday after he tried to
use occy straps (the stretchy little ropes with hooks on each end) to
bungee jump off a 70-foot railroad trestle, police said. Fairfax
County police said Eric A. Barcia, a fast-food worker, taped a bunch
of these straps together, wrapped an end around one foot, anchored the
other end to the trestle at Lake Accotink Park, jumped ...and hit the
Warren Carmichael, a police spokesman, said investigators think Barcia was alone because his car was found nearby. "The length of the cord that he had assembled was greater than the distance between the trestle and the ground" Carmichael said.
Police say the apparent cause of death was "major trauma." An autopsy is scheduled for later in the week.
A man in Alabama died from rattlesnake bites. Big deal you may say,
but there's a twist here that makes him a candidate. It seems he and a
friend were playing catch with a rattlesnake. You can guess what
happened from here. The friend (a future Darwin Awards candidate) was
Several years ago, in a west Texas town, employees in a medium-sized
warehouse noticed the smell of a gas leak. Sensibly, management
evacuated the building, extinguishing all potential sources of
ignition lights, power, etc.
After the building had been evacuated, two technicians from the gas
company were dispatched. Upon entering the building, they found they
had difficulty navigating in the dark. To their frustration, none of
the lights worked.
Witnesses later described the vision of one of the technicians reaching into his pocket, and retrieving an object that resembled a lighter. Upon operation of the lighter-like object, the gas in the warehouse exploded, sending pieces of it up to three miles away. Nothing was found of the technicians, but the lighter was virtually untouched by the explosion. The technician that was suspected of causing the explosion had never been thought of as "bright" by his peers.